Role and Purpose
The European and International Sounding Board replaces EMC’s European and International Board. The Board advises members and provides local authority input into the 2007 - 13 ERDF Local Management Commitee (LMC) chaired by DCLG.
The European and International Sounding Board Membership is:
- Cllr D Wilcox - Derbyshire County Council
- Cllr D Bill – Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Cllr J Collins - Nottingham City Council
- Cllr G Stevens - Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Sue Smith - South Northamptonshire Council
- Justin Brown - Lincolnshire County Council
- Dr Stuart Young - East Midlands Councils
- Richard Woods - Northamptonshire Enterprise Partnership
The Chair is Dr Stuart Young, Executive Director, East Midlands Councils
The European and International Sounding Board meets prior to each meeting of the LMC:
Papers are available below.
Agenda 10 September 2013
Action Points of 20 May 2013
Agenda 20 May 2013
Action Points of 26 February 2013
Agenda 26 February 2013
Action Points of 26 November 2012
Agenda 26 November 2012
Action Points of 24 September 2012
Agenda 24 September 2012
Agenda 14 May 2012
Action Points of 14 May 2012
Agenda 6 February 2012
Action Points of 6 February 2012
For further information please contact Peter Williams
Responding to the Challenges
East Midlands Councils and the LGA held a seminar at Nottingham City Council on 20th January 2011 for Members and officers to consider the impact of potential upcoming EU legislation, the opportunities for all Councils from EU funding and proposed changes to the administration of the European Regional Development Fund.
See the European Funding page for more information.