EMC is holding a one day course for Officers on Report Writing.
Writing a report is difficult. Surprisingly, often those who are best at communicating an argument or an idea face to face cannot cope when it comes to putting it on paper. By the time they have completed this training delegates find it both easy and enjoyable.
Anyone who has to prepare and write reports of any nature, including technical, developmental, progressive and investigative.
By the time they have completed the training delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the special characteristics of reports.
- Establish clear objectives for a report, considering the needs of their readers.
- Plan the stages for the preparation of a report.
- Follow and/or adapt a recognised and helpful structure for reports.
- Distinguish between facts, conclusions and recommendations.
- Use an accurate, clear and brief writing style.
- State what does and does not work in terms of layout and presentation.
- What is a report?
- The stages of report writing.
- Starting points: readership and purpose.
- Organising the information - prioritising and sequencing
- Report structure - how and what to use to make your case.
- Basic grammar issues.
- Illustrations and numbering.
Clare Forrest BA, ALA, NLP Master. Dip. Hyp.
Clare Forrest, following a career in operational management in the service sector and then in human resources, has been a Training Consultant and Seminar Speaker since 1985. Clare specialises in Performance Management, Team Leadership and Team Building and Communication Skills. She particularly enjoys the design and facilitation of motivational seminars and workshops using accelerated learning techniques.
A consultant, designer and facilitator on many programmes for many sectors, Clare adopts an entertaining and highly pragmatic approach – she does not believe in quick fix theories which can’t be firmly rooted in the realities of working life. Apart from training she also carries out staff recruitment, including running assessment centres and individual performance development – coaching and counselling, including interview skills.
Clare is an NLP Master Therapist and works with individuals on anxiety and stress management.
East Midlands Councils, Pera Business Park, Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 0PB
Local Authority Members £175
Associate Members £210
(all prices subject to VAT)
How to book
To book your place please complete the booking online booking form through the link below.
Upcoming Dates for this event