The Executive Board is the strategic decision making body of East Midlands Councils on issues of interest and relevance to Local Authorities at the regional level.
A strong voice on behalf of Local Government is needed to:
- Work collaboratively with Central Government and its agencies to support the development and delivery if the localism agenda.
- Engage partners in processes for determining major investment priorities.
- Provide a reporting and governance mechanism for local government partnerships on specific issues, such as local government Regional Employers Organisation and the Improvement & Efficiency Partnership.
- Engage with national, European and international institutions (including other sub-national bodies) to influence policy and practice for the benefit of local authorities within the East Midlands.
- Provide support, advice and best practice to local authorities on issues including employee education and training, management practice and development, employee relations, human resource management, and elected Members development.
The Executive Board comprises 14 local council leaders with authority to act on behalf of all local councils in the East Midlands. Leaders of the 4 main political groupings represented on East Midlands Councils and the Chair of the Peak District National Park Authority also attend and make a full contribution to Board meetings.
Cllr Martin Hill OBE, Leader of Lincolnshire County Council
- Cllr Jon Collins, Leader of Nottingham City Council
- Cllr Neil Clarke MBE, Leader of Rushcliffe Borough Council
A list of members available on the Executive Board Membership page.
Meeting Dates and Papers
The Executive Board meets quarterly and meetings are open to the public. Visit the Meeting Dates page for more information.
30 September 2016
17 June 2016
18 March 2016
11 December 2015
Please contact Lisa Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org if you require copies of previous meeting papers.