Mediation is one of the services offered by East Midlands Councils to local councils and the wider public and third sector.
Mediation is a confidential and voluntary process aimed at helping people to resolve disputes and improve working relationships. It is an informal and alternative approach to more formal procedures.
East Midlands Councils can offer qualified and independent mediators who will facilitate the process with the aim of helping the individuals to reach a mutually acceptable agreement to resolve their problems.
Some of the main benefits of mediation are:-
- It empowers the individuals to resolve conflict
- It is quick – mediation can be arranged in a few days and the process can usually be completed in one day
- It provides an alternative to formal procedures
The advantages of using East Midlands Councils for mediation are:-
- We have a pool of qualified mediators
- We are completely independent and impartial – an important factor for successful mediation
- We offer the service at not-for-profit rates
For further information about our mediation services or to speak to one of our mediators about how mediation can assist in a particular situation, please contact Sam Maher on 01664 502642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org