Secretaries - Develop Yourself
This programme is aimed at all secretaries and those carrying out a similar administrative role. This is a very interactive, developmental programme with lots of opportunities to meet and share ideas with colleagues.
You should attend this course if you need to:
- Develop your organising, technical and interpersonal roles.
- Analyse the needs and expectations of your ‘customers’ — managers.
- Plan ahead by good diary management, analysing priorities and coping with emails.
- Project an excellent first impression and use techniques to look and sound confident.
- Explain how to call a meeting, draw up an agenda and produce an effective and legal set of minutes.
- Your three key roles.
- What do customers expect?
- Adding value.
- Implicits versus explicits
- Using the diary – the key time management tool
- What makes a first impression
- Learning to look and sound confident
- Managing meetings and minutes
What delegates said about the sessions held in 2015…
“Very interesting and fabulously delivered by Clare. Certainly cave me a lot to think about”
“It was excellent”
“It will help me to be more organised with tasks as well as prioritisation”
Following a career in operational management and human resources Clare has been a Training Consultant and Seminar Speaker for more than a decade, specialising in Secretarial and Assistant Development, Assessment, Recruitment and Writing.
East Midlands Councils, Pera Business Park, Nottingham Road, Melton Mowbray, Leics, LE13 0PB
Local Authority Members £175
Associate Members £210
(all prices subject to VAT)
To book your place, please complete the online booking form from www.emcouncils.gov.uk .
For further information please contact Kirsty Lowe, 01664 205637 or email@example.com
Upcoming Dates for this event