ILM Level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring
EMC is offering an exciting opportunity to be part of an ILM Level 5 programme in Coaching and Mentoring, starting in March 2017. As an open programme those involved will have the opportunity to learn from and with others across the East Midlands.
This Programme will be based in Derbyshire.
The aim of the ILM 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring in Management is to enable delegates to effectively coach other individuals and where required to act as a coaching resource for their organisation and other organisations. This course is aimed at middle and senior managers to give a practical skill set.
The business benefit of this training is that Coaching is more cost effective than recruiting. It means staff will be more engaged and effective, able to achieve better business results and deliver on plans.
Delegates will learn how to inspire those around them to see in themselves new possibilities and choices. Growing those around you and creating a ‘can do mentality’ are crucial facets of modern day leadership. Our workshops are designed to trigger delegates into seeing Coaching as a means of maximizing the potential of themselves and those around them.
What the programme covers….
- What is Coaching? Exploring the differences between Coaching, Counselling, Mentoring and Training.
- Benefits of Coaching.
- The importance of Coaching contracts.
- Coaching as style of Leadership.
- Personal Responsibility.
- Coaching frameworks eg GROW
- Interactive Coaching session.
- Learning styles, the Learning Cycle and its impact.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Alternative Coaching frameworks such as Oscar and POWER.
- Communication styles.
- Levels of Language and reading between the lines, developing questions to uncover Coachee’s thinking.
- Coaching practice and feedback on communication skills of the coach.
- Introduction to the coaching diary.
Attendees will be expected to complete a minimum of 3 hours of coaching before Day Three
- Review of Coaching sessions.
- Work Based assignment guidelines.
- The business case for coaching and overcoming barriers to introducing coaching into an organisation
- Becoming a learning organisation
- Evaluation and measuring Return Of Investment
- Understanding importance of Coaching ethics
- Beliefs effective Coaches hold
- Career values & goal setting
- Coaching Practice
Attendees will be expected to complete a further 3 hours of coaching before Day Four
Delegates have a whole day of support to work on their assignments and coaching diary. One to one supervisory sessions will take place with the trainer along with support on how to structure and use referencing in their written assignments.
- Being the best Coach.
- NLP lite language.
- Big impact, little impact.
- Personal effectiveness techniques and Career Values.
- One hour of real time coaching practice for the Coach to experience being coached
- One hour of coaching another delegate.
Attendees will be required to complete a further 6 hours of coaching and hand in their Work Based Assignments and Coaching Diary to an agreed deadline following the completion of Day Five.
The flyer for this programme is available here.
ILM 5 Coaching Programme - Flyer
The cost to members of EMC is £850 plus VAT.
The non-member cost is £1400 plus VAT.
To book a place on this course complete the online booking form available below.
Should you have any questions contact Kirsty Lowe, Kirsty.email@example.com or call 01664 502 637
Programme Dates and Times
- Day One - 14 March 2017
- Day Two - 30 March 2017
- Day Three - 20 April 2017
- Day Four - 23 May 2017
- Day Five - 8 June 2017
Each day will start at 09:30 and will finish at 16:30. Delegates are required to attend every session in the programme.
Derbyshire Dales District Council
Town Hall, Bank Road
Upcoming Dates for this event