The Board will provide strategic political guidance for the delivery of HS2 with the aim of maximising the economic benefits for the region, whilst seeking to remove or mitigate any adverse impacts. The role and purpose of the Strategic Board will need to evolve over time to meet changing needs as the HS2 project is developed and in due course brought to fruition.
The Strategic Board should aim:
- to provide leadership and direction on strategic issues relating to HS2
- to act as the ‘place to go’ for business leaders and local authorities on matters relating to HS2
- to liaise at a strategic level with HS2 Ltd, the proposed national regeneration company and other government agencies particularly on funding and deliverability issues
- to receive and consider reports from the Station and Maintenance Depot Delivery Boards
- to develop close links with local authorities and organisations outside the East Midlands to build support for the eastern arm
- to consider and provide a co-ordinated response to initiatives and proposals from HS2 Ltd, DfT and other relevant organisations
- to work with Network Rail and the rail industry to achieve closer integration of the high speed and ‘classic’ rail networks, ensure effective use of released capacity for passenger and freight services, and to protect and promote the interests of existing rail users
- to secure the resources necessary to support the work of the Strategic Board and the two Delivery Boards
- to provide a focus for media enquiries and develop a strategy to promote the interests of the region and the Board’s constituent members.
Chair & Vice-Chair
Chair: Cllr Jon Collins, Leader, Nottingham City Council.
Vice-Chair: Cllr Anne Western, Leader, Derbyshire County Council.
The membership can be found here .
Meeting Dates and Papers
The HS2 Strategic Board meets every two months. Visit the Meeting Dates page for more information.
25 January 2017
HS2 Strategic Board Papers - 25 January 2017
18th November 2016
HS2 Strategic Board papers - 18th November 2016
Elaine Clarke's presentation
13 September 2016
HS2 Strategic Board Papers - 13 September 2016
Item 3 Appendix 2 NET Extension Report Summary
Item 3, Appendix 3 - Draft Classic Compatible Report
20 July 2016
Final papers - HS2 20.7.16
25 May 2016
NET Extensions - presentation
HS2 Papers - 25.05.16
12 April 2016
HS2 Strategic Board 12 April 2016 - all papers
Hybrid Bill Presentation - HS2
24 February 2016
HS2 Programme Board - 24 February 2016 (Papers)
Education Programme East Midlands 240216 combined with supply chain
Connectivity and Mobility - A Bus Operator Persepctive
15 January 2016
HS2 Programme Board All Papers - 15.1.16